RSA® Conference 2017 Closes With Record Attendance
SAN FRANCISCO–(BUSINESS WIRE)–RSA® Conference, the world’s leading information security conferences and expositions, today concluded its 26th annual event in San Francisco. A record number of more than 43,000 attendees experienced keynotes, peer-to-peer sessions, track sessions, tutorials and seminars.
“Leading up to RSA Conference 2017 it could have been argued that this event was the most anticipated in our history,” said Linda Gray Martin, Director & General Manager of RSA Conference. “Over the last few months information security has experienced both tremendous highs, and weathered scrutiny of lows as experts in private and public sectors debated various practices of information sharing. As a result of this increased exposure, it was critical to have an RSA Conference full of constructive dialog, discussion and debate that will form the information security agenda and continue to move our industry forward. We hope our attendees took this powerful opportunity as the chance to help forge a future we can all be proud of.”
RSA Conference 2017 highlights include:
- RSA Conference 2017 featured 15 keynote presentations, more than 700 speakers across 500+ sessions and more than 550 companies on the expo floors.
- Hot session presentations included:
- Changing Behaviors At Enterprise-Scale; Simon Hodgkinson, Chief Information Security Officer, BP; Christine Maxwell, Governance, Risk & Compliance Director, BP
- Cloud Assessments: You’re Doing It Wrong!; Bill Burns, Chief Trust Officer, VP Business Transformation; Informatica LLC; Trey Ford, Head of Trust, Heroku, a Salesforce company; Cory Scott, Chief Information Security Officer, LinkedIn; Jim Trovato, Sr. Director, IT Governance Risk and Compliance, Informatica LLC
- Hacker’s Perspective on your Windows Infrastructure: Mandatory Check List; Paula Januszkiewicz, CEO, Security Expert, Penetration Tester & Trainer, MVP, CQURE
- How Google Protects Its Corporate Security Perimeter Without Firewalls; Heather Adkins, Director of Information Security, Google, and Rory Ward, Site Reliability Engineering Manager, Google
- How to Catch A Snowden; Chris Inglis, Advisory Board Chair, Securonix
- UnifyID was named “RSA Conference 2017’s Most Innovative Startup” by the Innovation Sandbox’s judges’ panel comprised of technology, venture and security industry thought leaders.
- RSA Conference reached broader audiences with a new series of educational programs that teaches cyber-awareness for children, provides outreach to college students to introduce and encourage a career in information security, and supports education throughout the various stages of a career within the industry. RSAC AdvancedU includes the following:
- RSAC CyberSafety Initiative: 1,300 attendees filled the Cyber Safety Village in Moscone West throughout the week to learn more about the issues children and teens are experiencing online including topics such as emotional responses to social media, sexting, impact on sleep and how to manage online reputations.
- RSAC Security Scholar program: RSA Conference Security Scholar connects the brightest up-and-coming cybersecurity students to leading experts, peers and conference attendees. As the program enters its second year, RSA Conference expanded to include more than 20 schools and 60 students.
- RSAC College Day: RSA Conference created College Day to help students find their ideal career options through meeting both industry veterans and companies that are looking for young, talented students to join their ranks. This year 60 students had access to more than 50 sessions, a day in the life of a security expert panel, and met with sponsors during an open house that was attended by more than 600 attendees.
The 20th Annual RSA Conference Awards program highlighted the work of three security professionals in the fields of mathematics, public policy and security practices. This year’s winners included:
- Howard Schmidt, Former White House Cybersecurity Advisor – Excellence in the Field of Information Security
- Dr. Tatsuaki Okamoto, NTT Fellow – Excellence in the Field of Mathematics
- The Honorable Michael McCaul, Chairman, U.S. House of Representatives, Homeland Security Committee – Excellence in the Field of Public Policy
RSAC Unplugged London will take place on June 8, 2017. RSA Conference 2017 Asia Pacific & Japan takes place July 26-28, 2017 in Singapore. Additionally, RSA Conference returns to Abu Dhabi November 7-8, 2017. RSA Conference 2018 takes place April 16-20, 2018 in San Francisco.
“Security is Cisco’s top priority and an essential part of every product that we build. We are always excited to be at the RSA conference. Engaging with the smartest infosec professionals from our customers, partners and the community provides us with important input into our strategy and roadmaps. The increasing size of this event illustrates the growing importance and investment that every company is making in information security. And that is good for us all.”
– Jeff Samuels, VP Security Marketing, Cisco
“RSA Conference 2017 brought together the business and government community at the forefront of the dramatic changes reshaping cybersecurity. This year’s conference provided a valuable backdrop for us to discuss critical issues like the need for new approaches to endpoint protection, and the challenge of eliminating the cost and complexity of security operations. FireEye places a high priority on threat intelligence and the insights learned on the frontlines of today’s cyber breaches, and RSA Conference 2017 reflected the defining developments we see emerging from the continually evolving threat landscape.”
– Kara Wilson, Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, FireEye
“This year’s RSA Conference challenged a big industry audience to think small. Small are the attack surfaces of security cameras, home routers, and mobile devices increasingly populating our office and home work environments. Small are the diverse data transactions that require innumerable protective measures. Big are the shifts in thinking that require us to think of ourselves as small players inside a vast ecosystem of solution providers. Thinking small is the first step in working together more effectively, and having a big impact with better outcomes.”
– Chris Young, General Manager and SVP, Intel Security
“Security is a team sport. Splunk customers want solutions that work together in a coordinated and automated manner, using data, analytics, next generation firewalls, threat intelligence and other technologies to defend and protect against threats in real-time. We clearly saw at RSA Conference 2017 that the industry is moving in this direction. We heard repeatedly this year how emerging threats are disrupting and negatively impacting businesses across the globe, but the spirit of collaboration, powered by industry advancements in analytics and orchestration, were on full display at RSA.”
– Haiyan Song, Senior Vice President of Security Markets, Splunk
“In 2017 we continue to see a wide variety of attack types, yet many teams out there tell us they lack the proper tools or skills to address threats comprehensively. RSAC 2017 provided a valuable platform for the infosec community to come together and share ideas on how to pragmatically reduce risk for our organizations. With so many considerations – regulatory compliance, cloud, industrial OT environments – one message came through clearly: foundational security controls are more important than ever to establish resilient Infosec capabilities that deliver effective security regardless of what comes at you.”
– Dwayne Melancon, Vice President of Products, Tripwire
RSA CONFERENCE ONLINE
- Join and follow the conversation with hashtag #RSAC
- Blog − http://www.rsaconference.com/blogs
- Twitter – http://twitter.com/rsaconference
- Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/rsaconference
- LinkedIn – http://www.linkedin.com/company/2901675
- LinkedIn Networking Group – http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=3120
- YouTube – http://www.youtube.com/user/RSAConference
- Flickr – http://www.flickr.com/photos/rsaconference
- Google+ – https://plus.google.com/102053116262408140181/posts
About RSA Conference
RSA Conference is the premier series of global events where the world talks security and leadership gathers, advances and emerges. Whether attending in the U.S., the EMEA region, or the Asia-Pacific region, RSA Conference events are where the security industry converges to discuss current and future concerns and get access to the people, content and ideas that help enable individuals and companies to win, grow and do their best. It is the ultimate marketplace for the latest technologies and hands-on educational opportunities that help industry professionals discover how to make their companies more secure while showcasing the most enterprising, influential and thought-provoking thinkers and leaders in security today. For information on events, online programming and the most up-to-date news pertaining to the information security industry visit www.rsaconference.com.
RSA Conference logo, RSA, Dell, EMC and other trademarks are trademarks of Dell Inc. or its subsidiaries. Other trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.
for RSA Conference