There’s Never Enough TV On Netflix
When Programming For Over 93 Million Unique Tastes Around The World, Creating More Than 1,000 Hours Of Original Content Is Just The Beginning
NEW YORK, Feb. 8, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — Internet TV knows no time slot, no genre and no geographic bounds. Freed from these constraints, Netflix is able to program for over 93 million unique tastes of entertainment lovers around the world, from the romantic comedy lover in Paris to the sci-fi aficionado in Sao Paulo and everyone in between. That’s why in 2017, the streaming service will deliver the biggest and most diverse slate in Netflix history — with more than 1,000 hours of new series, films, stand-up specials, documentaries and more for members around the world.
“We aren’t in the business of creating ‘one size fits all’ programming, or building slates to fill a finite number of hours of a programming grid,” said Ted Sarandos, Chief Content Officer at Netflix. “We’re catering to a dynamic world full of people with different tastes – and as a result, no two Netflix experiences are alike – we want to have something for everyone to enjoy.”
Netflix’s goal is to create an experience that consistently presents the right content to the right member at the right time. Over time, the service has improved its algorithms and developed a global recommendation system, delivering an even more personalized experience that helps members easily find a diverse set of movies, TV shows and more that they otherwise may not have been able to discover.
“The beautiful thing about the internet is that it has ushered in a new era of television centered on delivering the best possible experience to millions of people around the world — with the singular goal of connecting people with stories they’ll love,” said Todd Yellin, Vice President of Product. “Human beings have incredibly diverse and unique tastes — each person is more than the demographic group they belong to. At Netflix, we not only have a catalogue that meets the needs of these tastes and moods, but we use our technology to ensure we surface the right story to the right person at the right moment.”
See What’s Next on Netflix in 2017
Today at the Hudson Mercantile in New York, Netflix provided a first look at some of the new original content coming this year that may appear in a “Recommended for You” row sometime soon. For series synopses and imagery currently available, visit: media.netflix.com. Photos from the event will be available to download at the link HERE.
- Bill Nye Saves The World will premiere April 21, 2017 (Date Announcement)
- Orange Is The New Black Season 5 will premiere June 9, 2017 (Date Announcement)
- Marvel’s Iron Fist First Look At Colleen Wing (Clip)
- The OA Part II Pick-up (Asset)
- Love Season 3 Pick-up
- Chef’s Table Season 3 (Trailer)
- Anne will premiere May 12, 2017 (Date Announcement)
- Dear White People will premiere April 28, 2017 (Date Announcement) (Photo)
- Project MC2 has been picked up for Seasons 4 and 5 and will have a special episode launching on February 14, 2017 (Trailer)
- Buddy Thunderstruck will premiere March 10, 2017 (Trailer)
- Castlevania Season 1, Part 1 coming to Netflix in 2017
- Free Rein, coming soon to Netflix
- Girlboss will premiere April 21, 2017 (Date Announcement)
- 13 Reasons Why First Look photos (Here)
- Travelers picked up for Season 2
- Kate McKinnon will voice Ms. Frizzle in The Magic School Bus: Rides Again
- Patricia Clarkson and Campbell Scott join House of Cards Season 5 (Photos)
- Casting JonBenet will premiere April 28, 2017 (Date Announcement)
- Grace and Frankie will premiere March 24, 2017 (Date Announcement)
- Julie’s Greenroom (Trailer)
Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 93 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
SOURCE Netflix, Inc.